AC Maintenance In Hemet, Yucaipa, Menifee, Beaumont, CA and Surrounding Areas
Air Conditioner Maintenance In Hemet, Riverside, San Bernardino, & Nearby
Extend Your Air Conditioner's Lifespan With Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance
Just like your car requires regular servicing like oil changes due to mileage, running your heating and air conditioning system continually puts stress of your unit’s components. Regular preventative maintenance of your heating and air conditioning system lowers the chances that you’ll need extensive HVAC repairs, improves the efficiency of your unit, and increases the longevity of your system.
That’s why we offer a variety of maintenance plans. Contact us today to learn more or to get a free quote for a maintenance plan in Hemet, Riverside, San Bernardino, and nearby California!
Common Sources Of Air Conditioning Problems:
- Refrigerant: If your air conditioner is low on refrigerant, either it was undercharged at installation, or it leaks. If it leaks, simply adding refrigerant is not a solution. A trained technician should fix any leak, test the repair, and then charge the system with the correct amount of refrigerant. Remember that the performance and efficiency of your air conditioner is greatest when the refrigerant charge exactly matches the manufacturer’s specification, and is neither undercharged nor overcharged.
- Electric Control Failure: The compressor and fan controls can wear out, especially when the air conditioner turns on and off frequently, as is common when a system is oversized. Because corrosion of wire and terminals is also a problem in many systems, electrical connections and contacts should be checked during a professional service call.
- Air Conditioner Filters: Regularly cleaning or repairing the filters is a crucial part of air conditioner maintenance. Clogged, dirty filters block normal airflow and reduce a system’s efficiency significantly. Since normal airflow is obstructed, air that bypasses the filter may carry dirt directly into the evaporator coil and impair the coil’s heat-absorbing capacity. While some types of filters are reusable others must be replaced.
- Air Conditioner Coils: The air conditioner’s evaporator coil and condenser coil collect dirt over their months and years of service. A clean filter prevents the evaporator coil from soiling quickly. In time, however, the evaporator coil will still collect dirt. This dirt reduces air flow and insulates the coil which reduces its ability to absorb heat. Therefore, your evaporator coil should be checked every year and cleaned as necessary. Outdoor condenser coils can also become dirty and may need occasional cleaning as well.
- Coil Fins: The aluminum fins on evaporator and condenser coils are easily bent and can block air flow through the coil. These fins may need to be combed back to their original condition from time to time.
- Air Ducts: An enormous waste of energy occurs when cooled air escapes from supply ducts or when hot attic air leaks into return ducts. Recent studies indicate that 10% to 30% of the conditioned air in an average central air conditioning system escapes from the ducts. Hiring a competent professional service technician to detect and correct duct leaks is a good investment, since leaky ducts may be difficult to find without experience and test equipment.
Protect Your Air Conditioner With Our Maintenance And Service Plans!
Want to make your air conditioning system lasts as long as possible? Contact your local air conditioning experts at AQS Heating & Air Conditioning today to learn more about our maintenance and service plans in Hemet, Riverside, San Bernardino, and nearby California!
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.